Tuesday, April 4

Did I Miss the Memo ????

Why is Immigration policy suddenly the most important issue facing America? I guess that is what I get for missing a meeting ...

Funny aside, this is so contrived that I cannot really understand it. Immigration has been a vexing issue since at least the founding days of our country. However, it is not really pressing.

While I agree that immigration policy is of importance, our nation has many more urgent issues before it.

So why is it now the issue du jour?

1 comment:

GeeGuy said...

Because there is a legitimate viewpoint out there to the effect that we need to do something about illegal immigration and, with the protests over the pending laws, both those who oppose illegal immigration and those who favor unlimited immigration have found an opportunity to push 'their' issue into the spotlight. Voila!